Jon Kipp... one post at a time

Sharing is good.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

I Steal Television Shows Because I Have To

Check out this compelling and honest article concerning the necessity of downloading TV shows via bittorrent.

"So when you're in the middle of a season of 24 and you miss an episode because your cable box was too busy, ummmmm, displaying the time, what do you do? What CAN you do? There are no repeats. There are no free downloads for cable subscribers. The only thing you can do is hop on Azureus and BitTorrent yourself the episode you missed."

read more | digg story

1 Comments:

  • At 4/14/2006 8:58 AM, Blogger Gino said…

    We "steal" television shows because it's convenient. Don't kid yourself and say you're "forced" to download shows. I put "steal" in quotes because I hardly believe it's stealing. The show aired, someone recorded it and provided it for me to watch at my convenience. What's the difference between them ripping the show, encoding and seeding it versus literally taping it and giving me the VHS tape?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home